01235 838 500 – 8.30AM-5.00PM
01235 838 500BOOK A TOUR
- This event has passed.
How to Harness Stress to Enhance Performance with Dr Bernadette Dancy
April 25 @ 4:30 pm - 5:30 pmFree
APRIL is… STRESS AWARENESS MONTH.
The aim of this session is to understand the psychological and biological ‘ingredients’ for optimal performance at work, using lessons from the world of elite sport, run by stress management coach and founder of Stress Education Dr Bernadette Dancy. This session will cover:
● What does ‘optimal biological function’ and ‘optimal psychological function’ look like?
● What is ‘workplace’ stress and how is it similar/different to ‘training stress’?
● How much is too much? Defining burnout and what we can learn from the concept of ‘overtraining’ in elite sport
● How to achieve optimal physical and psychological state in order to reach your potential ○ using psychological strategies (e.g. centering, thought stopping, reframing) ○ using lifestyle changes
● The importance of rest and recovery
● The importance of appropriate fuelling (timing and type) and appropriate movement and exercise