01235 838 500 – 8.30AM-5.00PM
01235 838 500BOOK A TOUR
- This event has passed.
IF Oxford Science & Ideas Festival
October 7 @ 8:00 am - October 28 @ 5:00 pmFree
The Oxford science and ideas Festival is a cost-effective and powerful way to bring people together.
We inspire curious minds of all ages and backgrounds to access and help shape new ideas.
Highlight academic and business capabilities within IF Oxford to show career pathways in an informal learning context.
IF Oxford helps build science, social and cultural capital (the knowledge, attitudes, experiences and resources that an individual accumulates throughout their life), which can ‘open doors’ to careers and support socioeconomic mobility.
Existing projects with partners across Oxfordshire attract a broad demographic audience (age, geography, ethnicity, social class) and conversations continue within friendship or family groups during and outside of your involvement.
Anyone can be part of this a high-quality programme of activity that inspires curious minds of all ages and backgrounds.
Could you help people see the world from a new perspective?
IF Oxford is free-to-accesses for audiences, but the charity has no endowment or institutional ‘parent’. Oxford science and ideas Festival relies on sponsorship, grants and participation fees to cover costs. Sponsorship comes with appropriate recognition and allows the inclusion of quality contributions from organisations unable to pay.
IF Oxford Trustees, staff and volunteers value:
- high quality research, teaching, and practice in knowledge development;
- contributing to society by creating accessible, innovative and high-quality material for public audiences;
- independence of political or industrial interests to offer a neutral platform that presents and amplifies evidence-based ideas;
- the full diversity of voices from all backgrounds and experiences and so help cultivate and include underrepresented voices in the ‘science and ideas’ ecosystem;
- cooperative relationships with organisations that share our values, and are committed to the advancement of knowledge and public engagement with research.
- Explore the charity’s Policies, ratified by the Oxfordshire Science Festival Board of Trustees.
- Run a Festival in Oxford with wide public appeal that uses a mixture of live, face-to-face events and digital media to present and initiate discussion on contemporary research and innovation from Oxford and its partner locations.
- Support science festival activity across Oxfordshire and any other geographical region of strategic importance.
- Create, and support the creation of relevant content that forms part of the annual Oxford science and ideas Festival.
- Develop the community of practice for public research engagement via the medium of a festival and its associated methodologies.