- This event has passed.
OION – Exploring your funding options
October 16, 2019 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
At Wood Centre For Innovation – Headington
“What do I need to consider when raising my next round of funding?” Have you asked yourself this question?
If you’re considering options for grant, debt or equity fundraising then come along to this 2 hour interactive workshop to get a better understanding of how, where and when.
General questions that will be answered include:
- What are the key items a company should consider in advance to ensure it is ‘investor ready’ and when should it start thinking about them?
- What is the best type of funding and where to get advice from?
- What work can a company undertake prior to a funding round to be best prepared?
- How long does it usually take?
- How do you build a valuation for the business and what is a realistic round size of investment?
- What are the top three questions asked of management raising investment?
- When will the business need to carry out subsequent rounds and who should they go to?
Events Run By Experts
Eileen Modral – Investment Network Manager
Eileen is a funding and access to finance specialist for Oxford Innovation and Enterprise Europe Network (EEN), a service for UK growth firms looking to go global, and splits her time between the two. Eileen is on the selection panel for the OION investment networks and the OION Fund as well as MedCity angel network and a Board Member of Venturefest Oxford. She started working for Oxford Innovation in 2000 and has a BSc with the OU (Maths, Computing and ICT). She also has postgraduate qualifications in Project Management and is an ILM qualified coach. Eileen is FCA regulated as a CF30 and is the OION Ltd Money Laundering officer. Eileen concentrates on companies with a strong barrier to entry including all life science and precision engineering.